Night Cleaning Manager - Canary Wharf - £32,000
Exciting opportunity to work for an established FM Service Provider situated in Canary Wharf, East London. CBW are currently recruiting for a 1x Night Cleaning Manager to be based on a large corporate commercial office Canary Wharf, East London.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in management and cleaning within a commercial bluechip environment. You will be managing a team of 3 supervisors who will report directly and 33 cleaning operatives of night cleaners.Hours of work
- Sunday to Thursday - 21:00pm - 06:00 am (8 Hours Per Night, 40 Hours Per Week)
- Positively promoting The company as a FM business provider.
- Responsible for ensuring all The Companies policies and practices are adhered to.
- Responsible for continuous improvement on the account in relation to improved processes innovation, environmental targets, quality and standards.
- Ensure all staff maintain safe working practices through implementation of Company, BICSs and Health & Safety standards & regulations.
- Ensure the delivery of cleaning site specifications through the completion of cleaning schedules.
- Ensure all necessary processes and procedures are in place and adhered to.
- Ensure all work orders are responded to quickly and efficiently.
- Recruit, induct, train and motivate staff to achieve required standards of performance.
- Monitor standards of cleaning across site through quality checks and retrain where necessary.
- Attend off site & in-house training events
- Liaise with colleagues to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Liaise with Customers and Clients as required.
- Ensure works carried out within budgeted operational hours.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate consumables, materials and services are maintained.
- Line management responsibilities for the cleaning operatives to include: planning, assigning, and directing all tasks; performance evaluations; reward schemes; disciplinary issues
- Assist with developing and training new starters & operatives on BICSc cleaning methods to achieve required standards of performance
- To ensure all areas are kept clean and presentable through Operatives completing job schedules within specified SLA`s.
- Understand cleaning SLAs and ensure all work orders are responded to quickly and efficiently within SLA, and escalate any situation where this is not possible.
- Deal efficiently with problems with staff training and performance.
- Train and instruct employees in tasks, safety, policies, and procedures
- Monitor employees for proper use of personal protective equipment
- Perform quality, service, and safety inspections, Including toolbox talks
- Track equipment inventory, maintenance and repair
- Conduct informal discussion, investigations and disciplinary meetings
- Ensure consumables are sufficiently stocked at all times, keep supplies inventory
- Maintain records, i.e. training, inspections, attendance and metric data
- Maintain a pleasant courteous and friendly attitude to clients and customers
- Meet company expectations in relation to conduct and performance
- Ensure cleaning equipment is cleaned, stored and kept in working order
- Follow all company procedures, policies, and rules
- At least 3 years’ experience in the management of cleaning contracts.
- Recognized health and safety qualification (NEBOSH, IOSH)
- ILM Management Qualification or Equivelant
- Commercially and contractually aware
- Ability to work to and manage tight deadlines
- Ability to take a flexible approach
- Must be PC literate
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Team orientated
- Ability to manage people effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationship
- People Management, development and leadership skills
- Good organizer
- Presentable appearance
- Able to work in the UK and Provide the relevant documentation on request.
If you are interested in the above vacancy then please send your CV to Dan Barber
on Info@cbwstaffingsolutions.com for more Information!