Commercial/Domestic Heating Engineer | £40,000 | M3 / M4 Corridor
A successful Building services company is looking for an established Commercial/Domestic Heating engineer to take responsibility on multiple contracts & projects throughout the business. You will be working for a company that works with a number of Local Authorities, Housing Trusts and Commercial enterprises. It also takes huge pride in the level of service it provides for its clients.
The main purpose of this role is to carry out servicing and remedial repairs to commercial boilers in a number of environments, as well as be willing to assist the business as and when required in a number of locations. This role is perfect for a Service Engineer from a Commercial/Domestic Heating background who is up to date with current Gas Legislation, who is looking to join an expanding company where they can progress their career further.
The position is mainly based in the M3 /M4 corridor but the successful candidate may be required to travel nationally as and when required. Duties:
Hours of Work, Salary & Benefits
- To have detailed knowledge and experience of the main boiler manufacturer’s installation and servicing requirements and instructions.
- To be proficient in carrying out full commissioning of gas heating boilers and associated controls on completion of installation or servicing works.
- To be able to demonstrate and have a good general fault finding/diagnostic skill and the ability to carry out necessary repairs/replacement of defective parts etc.
- To be competent of draining down and re-filling of heating system/s in order to remove and replace defective/leaking radiators or associated isolation valves
- To ensure that all work carried out complies with the relevant sections of the ‘Health and Safety at Work Act’ (risk assessment, asbestos awareness etc.)
- To carry out on a rota basis (as required) out-of-hours emergency call outs
- Any other duties as reasonably requested
- Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 6:00pm with 1 hour unpaid lunch break
- 3 month probationary period
- 21 days holiday increasing by 1 day every 2 years service up to a maximum of 25 days, plus statutory days
- Pension Scheme - auto enrolment
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff Discounts
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Company mobile phone
- Company van
- Current/Valid Commercial Gas Qualifications – COCN1 or CODNCO1, CIGA1, CDGA1, CORT1, ICPN1 TPCP1A
- A relevant City and Guilds Level 3 Qualification
- Full UK Driving licence
- Have good practical and problem-solving skills
- Be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of commercial boilers and associated controls
- Have experience working on HIU’S, not essential
- Have Domestic ACS qualifications, not essential
- Be self-motivated
- Have asbestos awareness
- Have knowledge of the Risk Assessment process
- Be a team player
Please reply with a recent copy of your CV to Toby Filtness
Info@cbwstaffingsolutions.com or call me on 0203 583 3099 for more Information.