Senior BMS Project Engineer - London & M25 - Up to £48,000 per annum
An excellent opportunity has arisen to work for an established UK Building Services Company has arisen!.
My client is looking for a Senior Projects Engineer and specifically a Project Engineer that specialises in both BMS & Energy System Installation and Building System Integration. The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong background in Project Management, as well as an excellent understanding of BMS System Design & Commissioning.
The Successful candidate will become a key part of the business, expected to be flexible when supporting the company across a number of contracts throughout the business.
Working closely with the project manager & the clients on site, the successful candidate will be required to carry out the following tasks.Key Duties & Responsibilities
Hours of Work & Salary
- Overall responsibility for delivering small projects on time and within budget.
- Assist sales team/projects manager with site surveys and upfront design comments as required.
- Review of projects on handover from project manager in terms of delivery of contract
- Raise requests for information to enable progression of design
- Submit technical submittals for approval for description of operations, points lists, panel design, valve selections and data sheets
- Assist and/or source subcontractors for panels and installation
- Progress and finalise in conjunction with the projects manager and/or in accordance with consultants design, any value engineering agreed as necessary
- Attend site-based project meetings with our clients to establish the following:
- Progression of project
- Maintain program and/or update program, record delays, variations/modifications
- Assist projects manager with the creation and issue of programs of works to our suppliers and sub-contractors
- Responsible for procuring equipment for project either by direct purchase via the expenses system Authorisation for purchases to be sought from projects manager prior to order/purchase.
- Responsible for elements of financial control of projects.
- Assisting the project manager with valuing sub-contractors’ monthly claims and variations.
- Assisting the project manager with controlling internal commissioning expenditure, via pro-active monitoring and recording of progress.
- Attend meetings with clients, quantity surveyors and projects manager to agree monthly valuations and variation costs.
- Attending financial review meetings with projects manager to review project financial performance.
- Maintaining Health and Safety, including risk assessments and method statements on projects.
- Attending meetings with projects manager to plan out future workloads with other engineers, software requirements, review current sub-contractors and identify new ones.
- Follow technical standards, electronic data standards, and operating procedures.
- Manage site based staff and labour as required.
- Ensure project resource is in line with programme and budget.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Up to £48,000 per annum
- Monday to Friday (40 hour week)
- 08:00am to 17:00pm
- 22 Days Holiday
- Electrically qualified
- CSCS Card
- One of the major Manufacturers Product Training courses– Ideally Trend
- Previous Design and commissioning experience of BMS Systems - Ideally Trend or Tridium or Niagara based systems (Centraline, Distech etc)
- Previous management of projects
- Management of labour expenditure
- Software Production and Graphics
- Experience of service delivery in high profile environment
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of staff and clients.
- Ability to manage and prioritise a demanding and varying workload
- Ability to deliver projects on time and on budget
Should you be interested in this position then please contact Ben Joselyn on Info@cbwstaffingsolutions.com
or call 0203 5833 099