Building Manager - Facilities Management / Building Portfolio - Client Direct - London - £70,000 + package (Neg)
Exciting opportunity to work client side for a leading property management company based in London. CBW are currently recruiting for a Building Manager to work across a portfolio of six buildings in London (Canary Wharf & Central London). He or she will make a significant contribution to the portfolio of owned buildings and to ensure that they are managed and maintained to an extremely high level at all times and that the tenants receive unparalleled service excellence and to provide MEP direction and assistance to the Building Managers and their teams.Hours of work
Monday to Friday - 08:00am to 17:00pmKey duties & Responsibilities
- To provide a professionally delivered state of the art range of appropriate services and facilities for the benefit of tenants and visitors.
- To ensure that tenants are provided with the required base build services commensurate with the standards and quality expected of the prestigious buildings in London. The emphasis is on customer focused service delivered by a dedicated team of property professionals who appreciate and understand our tenants’ business demands
- To take overall responsibility for the effective operation of the M&E across the buildings portfolio
- To promote the development and training of staff in order to achieve the highest possible standards of an appropriately qualified and dedicated team who understand and can promptly respond to the demands and challenges of the buildings.
- In conjunction with the Asset Manager, to ensure the short- and long-term protection/replacement of the company’s assets.
- In conjunction with the Building Managers, to assist with the preparation of the annual service charge budgets for the designated areas of responsibility and to ensure that such expenditure is monitored and controlled, and tenants are provided with a comprehensive explanation of such expenditure.
- To encourage modern technology and custom designed systems to monitor and control the performance of all plant and equipment as well as preventative and reactive maintenance regimes.
- In conjunction with the in-house Electrical Design Manager, co-ordinate the evaluation of power requirements for future projects and develop designs
- To endeavour to benchmark the services provided and to closely monitor the relevant performance indicators.
- To ensure that all relevant contract services are market tested on a regular basis.
- To liaise with other departments as necessary and appropriate and to promptly provide assistance and support as and when requested.
- To advise on design criteria for new buildings
- In liaison with Managing Directors , Asset Manager, Group Security & Fire Safety Environmental Manager to assist with the formulation and implementation of the emergency evacuation plans for the managed buildings.
- To attend / chair other staff briefing / consultative meetings as and when required.
- Carry out staff appraisals and perform other management duties relating to staff training and welfare.
- To produce operational reports and to carry out other reasonable duties as necessary and when requested from time to time
- A strong understanding of service charge. leases, budgets are essential for this role
- A relevant professional qualification is essential, with membership of a professional organisation being desirable.
- Experience of premises and environmental management of multi-occupied properties with both office and retail space is essential.
- A sound knowledge and appreciation of technical and operational facilities required by prestigious and “intelligent” buildings.
- In-depth knowledge of all aspects of facilities management and ideally have a strong background in office fit-outs, approvals and leases.
- The incumbent must be numerate, possess excellent communication skills and have the ability to motivate/organise staff resources effectively and efficiently.
- Experience in financial and budgetary control/management.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects and write concise comprehensive reports.
- Capable of implementing strategy through development of policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety to IOSH/ NEBOSH standard.
Please send your CV to Info@cbwstaffingsolutions.com or call 0203 583 3099 for more Information!