General / Soft Services Manager (Soft Services) - FM Service Provider - PFI Healthcare Contract - Cambridgeshire - £65,000
Exciting opportunity to work for a Leading FM Service Provider. CBW are currently recruiting for a General Manager to work on a large static PFI contract situated in Cambridge. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of employees to provide a fully integrated Soft FM service to the PFI Healthcare contract; managing all operational teams employed to ensure efficient and effective service provision in line with agreed budgets and service specifications; monitoring and reporting on the quality of service and financial performance of the contract, to include innovation in service delivery to the client.Key duties & Requirements
- To ensure that a safe working environment is maintained through compliance with all company and Trust health and safety policies and procedures.
- To build, lead and manage an effective team focussed on delivering operational and service excellence in a complex stakeholder environment.
- To understand the contract and payment mechanism in detail and to manage the contract commercially, minimising risk whilst creating value.
- To take ownership of the P and L of the contract and to deliver performance in line with the budget agreed with the sector.
- To ensure that all staff are appropriately trained in all aspects of their duties and that training records are maintained in accordance with the contract. In particular, ensure that all staff have received induction training training.
- To ensure appropriate levels of staff are recruited and retained through effective leadership, engagement and motivation.
- To carry out appraisals for direct line reports in line with company guidelines and to monitor and support staff development, identifying individuals with specific skills and the ability to progress.
- To undertake any other ad hoc duties as reasonably expected by the role.
- To lead by example and actively participate in all health and safety matters, ensuring that there is a culture of engagement in, and promotion of, an exemplary Health and Safety environment
- To work closely with the Group Health and Safety team to obtain advice and support, and ensure that safety initiatives are implemented within your areas of control.
- Must be commercially astute and passionate about identifying opportunities to grow the contract whilst always ensuring the value for money is delivered.
- * Full JD available on request
- A detailed understanding of PFI contracts and demonstrable success in operating Soft FM services in a similar environment.
- Demonstrable management experience operating within a Healthcare PFI multi-service soft services FM environment with strict payment mechanisms and the need to use MI to support contractual position.
- Proven track record of delivering effective customer service and operational excellence whilst maintaining targeted operating margins in a Healthcare environment.
- Previous experience of leading a large, diverse workforce
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise workload and delegate effectively.
- Demonstrable financial and commercial acumen, highly numerate.
- Superior customer service and relationship management skills.
- Must have financial P&L experience/Understanding
- PFI experience is essential
- Soft Services experience managing catering, portering, cleaning and security.
- Flexible approach to working hours required
- A relocation package is available for the right candidate
Please send your CV to Dean@cbwstaffingsolutions.com
or call 0203 583 3099 for more information