Maintenance Supervisor - Client Direct - Hospital - 12 Month FTC - London (N1) - Up to £23.00 per hour
Exciting opportunity to work client side. CBW are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Supervisor based in a hospital in London (N1). The successful candidate will be mechanically or electrically qualified with a proven track record as a supervisor (Hands on) within a commercial building maintenance role. This role is split between hands on (60%) and office/supervisory duties (40%). This is a temporary/FTC for 12 months and pays an hourly rate of up to £23.00 per hour based on qualifications and experience.Hours of work
Monday to Friday - 08:00am to 16:30pm (37.5 hours per week)Key duties & Responsibilities
- Will report to the Head of Estates
- To supervise the mechanical/electrical/building trade staff and specialist contractors
- Ensure the immediate and proper allocation of work, and the completion of such work in accordance with the performance monitoring system and to client satisfaction.
- Use of the CAFM system.
- Order materials and services as required within agreed delegation level and certify satisfactory delivery/completion.
- Monitor trade staff performance, time-keeping and sickness in accordance with Company Policy.
- Provide estimates for quoted works, site measurements, cost control information and maintain necessary records for effective administration as directed.
- Required to undertake training and qualify as Authorised Person and/or Competent Person if required.
- Requirement to work with tools as necessary day to day, during emergencies and supporting staff
- You will be required to participate in a call-out rota system to assist the Company in responding to emergency situations.
- Overtime is available Sat / Sundays Note some will be compulsory to carry out works in normally occupied areas.
- Significant Experience in Statutory Compliance
- Experience of Permit to work
- Must hold a trade apprenticeship and relevant current qualifications, such as City & Guilds / BTEC National Diploma / NVQ 3 or equivalent in a relevant Electrical or Mechanical discipline
- Health and Safety Experience IOSH or other
- Will have significant experience in a building services environment with comprehensive mechanical and electrical knowledge ideally within a hospital setting
- Will be a team player ideally with supervisory / management experience
- Will be client-focused with a delivery oriented and ‘can-do’ approach to work
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and application of the various trade groups to be managed i.e. building works, mechanical and electrical engineering
- Good communication and customer service skills
- He or she must be immediately available to able to start at short notice
- Previous experience working in a hospital
Please send your CV to Dean White
or call 0203 583 3099
for more information