Permit Officer - Client Direct - Facilities Management - SW London (Kensington) £40,000
Exciting opportunity to work client side for a unique and iconic building located in SW London, Kensington. CBW are currently recruiting for a Permit Officer with a strong mechanical and electrical background. The Permit Officer will exercise effective control over the many contractors who work in the building, This will be an important role assisting the Building Services Manager, and his Deputy, ensuring that Contractor access is properly checked, documented and controlled, minimising the risks associated with complex work around the site. Candidates must have a proven working knowledge of contractor control and of contractor safety issues.Key duties & Responsibilities
- Act as the Competent Person for controlling the Permit to Work system, assessing the potential risks of each proposed work activity that requires a permit and ensuring that the Contractor has taken all possible measures to minimise
- risk and control any residual risk. This will require fully recording and documenting the process, signing off satisfactory completion and ensuring that all information necessary is shared with those who need to know.
- Receiving and reviewing requests for access from Contractors
- Liaising with external contractors, internal departments and staff to ensure that the nature of the work the Contractors will carry out is fully specified, understood and agreed by all relevant parties;
- Contact contractors and ensure documentation is supplied in advance of the specified activities including the annual Maintenance Weeks in order to carry out works.
- Ensuring that appropriate supporting information is obtained from the Contractors which will include (but may not be limited to) sufficiently thorough and fit for - Health & Safety Policy, Risk Assessment, Method Statement, Competency Records, Liability Insurance, Issuing the relevant permit once the above steps have been satisfactorily achieved.
- Continually reviewing the Permit to Work processes, procedures and systems, ensuring that efficient, user friendly, customer focussed solutions are consistently delivered.
- Carrying out inspections or audits of works on site as required.
- Working with key stakeholders to plan these works around other activities taking place on site
- Responsibility for the smooth operation and effectiveness of the Permit to Work system.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of all aspects of the engineering plant and the fabric of the building, use and understand O&M Manuals and other relevant documentation and reference sources, in order to exercise informed judgement.
- Provide support to the Building Services Manager and Deputy to move tasks forward, as well as aid and assist the team with technical matters and solutions.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties that the role may require. In particular, as part of a the Building Services Team, the Compliance Officer must be flexible and must be prepared to support the activities of other members of the team and to provide technical assistance/advice/support to other departments as necessary.
- Undertake any relevant training to maintain skills and knowledge as required by business needs.
- Co-operate with and facilitate other departments’ activities as appropriate.
- Minimum ONC/OND level in Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Building Services Engineering or equivalent experience
- 18th Edition IEE qualified.
- IOSH Managing Safely / NEBOSH OHS Certificate or equivalent safety qualifications.
- Extensive experience of Contractor Control and of Contractor Safety issues.
- Technical ability to monitor the work of in-house technical staff and outsourced technical services contractors, including determining that the correct level of competence is being utilised, that the appropriate technical solutions and safety requirements are followed and verifying the satisfactory completion of their works.
- Must be approachable and able to compromise and negotiate, whilst remaining diligent and firm in controlling Contractor activity.
- Strong IT skills are required, especially MS Office and Building Services systems.
- Self-motivated, organized, and capable of operating in a diverse environment.
Please send your CV to Ben@cbwstaffingsolutions.com
or call 0203 583 3099
for more Information