Facilities Manager - Education / PFI contract - Scotland ( South Lanarkshire and Ayrshire) - £42,000 + Car or Allowance
Exciting opportunity to work for a leading FM service provider situated in Scotland. CBW are currently recruiting for a Facilities Manager to work on a PFI schools contract in South Lanarkshire and Ayrshire. In return the company are offering a competitive salary of £42,000, further training, career progression, company car or car allowanceHours of work
Monday to Friday - 08:00am to 17:00pmKey duties & Responsibilities
- To share Management for the day-to day running of the estate which includes 17 high schools and 1 Technical College, ensuring all facilities are available for use by stakeholders
- To ensure that reactive times to mitigate potential unavailability/ performance deductions are met.
- Compilation of monthly reports.
- Manage the procedure for Risk Assessments / Method Statements.
- Direct line management of Operations Supervisors, site based operatives, lifecycle and support staff.
- Carry out staff PDRs/ staff appraisals
- Actively seek additional income.
- Represent the company at meetings with Client, Local Authorities, Building contractor. Purpose of meetings inc. monthly reviews, health & safety, energy management, letting.
- Identify training needs across the school's estate.
- Organise and administer team briefs and toolbox talks.
- Ensure company compliance with statutory checks
- Ongoing contribution/ ensure compliance with/ to Project Execution Plan
- Ensure succession plan is in place through PDR's
- Ensure direct reports are compliant with company policies.
- To carry out random audits and inspections for all works that carried out. Such audits are to be undertaken without prior notification to those involved and a subsequent report produced Operations Manager detailing the findings of the audit
- To be responsible for the management of Health, Safety & Environmental issues appertaining to the sites for which you are responsible.
- Work closely with the Lifecycle Manager on the development of a five-year rolling spend forecast
- To undertake any other duties as may be reasonably be requested and are within their competence and experience
- It will be a requirement of this position to work the hours necessary to fulfil our contractual obligations.
- Responsibility for budgetary control and contract spend is within prescribed targets.
- Control of sub-contractors and regular performance meetings with same.
Background in Facilities Management within Facilities Services environment.
Desirable (Not essential)
- Experience and knowledge of PFI/PPP contracts particularly within educational establishments
- Qualification in Health & Safety IOSH Managing Safely
- First class communication skills
- Demonstrable success in a similar role.
- Commercial/ Financial awareness - ability to understand principals surrounding budgetary control, profit and loss etc.
- Understands Risk Management
- Knowledge of Payment Mechanisms
- Extensive management experience.
- Clean driving license.
- Knowledge and experience of FSI Concept system
- HNC or equivalent in Facilities Management/ Engineering or similar discipline
Please send your CV to Louise McLaren
or call 0131 261 7740
for more Information