Building Maintenance Supervisor - Property Management Company - London (Canary Wharf) - £51,000
Are you a Maintenance Supervisor looking for a new challenge?
Are you looking for a role in Canary Wharf?
Are you looking to come off the tools?
If the answer is yes, then read on.....
Exciting opportunity to work client side for an established property management company situated in London. CBW are currently recruiting for two Building Supervisors to be based on commercial office space located in Canary Wharf. The successful candidate will be either electrically or mechanically qualified with a proven track record in commercial building maintenance.Hours of work
Monday to Friday - 08:00am to 17:00pmKey duties & Responsibilities
- To control and supervise the building control systems, maintenance programmes and maintenance staff for the designated building(s)/location(s).
- To supervise the activities of the building planned maintenance team and to ensure that the planned preventative maintenance tasks are carried out to the required quality standards.
- To identify and diagnose faults and to carry out repairs, adjustments and other maintenance works as appropriate.
- To adopt a flexible approach in respect of other skills or trades to ensure the most cost-effective completion of all tasks.
- To control, monitor and update the building planned maintenance/access control systems.
- To assist the Building Services Manager in the preparation of, and implementation of, the planned maintenance schedules for the required maintenance of all plant and equipment and to monitor
- To assist the Building Services Manager with the monitoring and supervision of all maintenance/engineering activities.
- To ensure that all service areas, plant rooms, inspection cupboards etc. are maintained in pristine condition at all times.
- To assist the Building Services Manager with the inspection and testing of the fire and life safety systems.
- To supervise staff and ensure that the highest of standards are maintained.
- To prepare schedules of all defects on plant, services, building structure etc. and to progress the necessary remedial action in liaison with the Building Services Manager.
- To assist with the preparation of specifications and recommendations for works or modifications to existing services, plant and equipment as requested from time to time.
- To be responsible for recording and scheduling, where applicable, all energy/fuel costs and consumption including temperature and humidity levels.
- To be thoroughly familiar and comply with the CompanyHealth & Safety policy and procedures and to assist the Building Services Manager with the requirements in such respects.
- To ensure that all relevant parties (Tenants, Building Manager, Building Services Manager, Security etc.) are informed of any necessary close down or testing of plant, fire and life safety
- systems or other events which will affect the operation of the building.
- In liaison with the Building Services Manager, to progress recommendations on service and maintenance matters in order to ensure that Tenants gain maximum benefit from the building
- facilities and that they experience minimum disruption.
- Mechanical or Electrically qualified (C&G, NVQ, Apprenticeship etc)
- Experience of electrical, mechanical and HVAC systems within a large complex is essential together with a flexible, innovative and hands-on approach.
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to motivate staff, communicate at all levels and cope with stressful situations.
- Good IT skills and have a good knowledge of MS Office.
- Knowledge of the following areas is essential: Key Manager Programme Modules, IOSH Managing Safely C&G Water Treatment, Relevant Emergency Procedures & Insurance Impairment Procedures
Please send your CV to Dean White
or Ben Joselyn
or call 0203 583 3099
for more Information