M&E Team Leader - FM Service Provider - Large University - Central London / Waterloo - Up to £37,000
Exciting opportunity to join a leading FM service provider situated in Central London. CBW are currently looking for an M&E Team Leader to be based in a large university in Central London. The successful candidate will be electrically biased/qualified with a proven track record as a supervisor within an FM role. He or she will oversee the day to day operation of the M&E team, ensure work is dealt with to the contract specification, and client satisfaction. In return the company are offering a competitive salary of up to £37,000 based on experience/qualifications, further training and career progression.Hours of work
Monday to Friday - 08:00am to 17:00pmKey duties & Responsibilities
- To oversee the in-house M&E team, mobile support team and specialist contractors.
- To assist with assigning and undertaking PPM and reactive works to ensure that all jobs are completed in line with Service Level Agreements, Key Performance Indicators and Critical Performance Indicators
- To assist in planning work for direct and contract labour and ensure work is carried out within cost and time targets, and accurate records of the work carried out are maintained.
- To assist with the immediate and proper allocation of work and the completion of such work in accordance with the performance monitoring system.
- In the absence of the M&E Supervisor, act as the focal point of contact with the Contractors, to ensure conformity of all works undertaken on site is in line with the companies H&S processes and standards
- To order materials and services, as required, within agreed delegation level and certify satisfactory delivery/completion.
- Update and maintain records; stock control, engineer’s reports, maintenance contacts, etc.
- To provide estimates, site measurements, cost control information and maintain necessary records for effective administration, as directed.
- To liaise as necessary with client representatives and resolve any matters which may arise.
- To ensure that work is completed on target and to the satisfaction of the client.
- To liaise with the Management Teams on the contract with regards to the control and allocation of planned / unplanned overtime requirements
- To assist with monitoring the Teams performance and sickness in accordance with agreed Procedures & assist in dealing with any disciplinary matters in accordance with the
- Company’s Disciplinary Procedure.
- To be part of the on call rota and provide cover for on call staff due to holiday and sickness absence, etc.
- To organise out-of-hours emergency work, as required.
- To lead the monthly Trust generator test for the building.
- To undertake Authorised Person & Responsible Person duties on the site.
- To comply with the Company’s Policies, Management Plans and Procedures.
- To fulfil Health & Safety responsibilities by adherence to the requirements of the Companies Health & Safety Policy and Health & Safety Management Plans.
- To support the Companies Quality Policy Statement and actively participate in the achievement of Company and personal Quality objectives.
- To undertake such other duties appropriate to the level and character of work as may reasonably be required within the Department / Service.
- Carry out "hands on maintenance" as and when required
- Electrically qualified
- C&G Level 2&3
- C&G 17th Edition or 18th Edition
- You must be able to provide copies of your trade certificates
- A proven track record in commercial building maintenance
- Experience of service delivery in high profile office
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of staff and clients.
- Ability to manage and prioritise a demanding and varying workload
- Ability to deliver projects on time and on budget
- Attend client meetings
- Offer technical support to the Contract Manager, client and on site maintenance team
Please send your CV to Info@cbwstaffingsolutions.com or call 0203 583 3099 for more Information!