Commercial Heating Installer - £19.00 an hour (dependant on experience) – Central London, Essex & M25
A successful Building services company are looking for an established Commercial Heating Installation engineer to take responsibility on multiple contracts & projects throughout the business.
You will be working for a company that works with a number of Local Authorities, Housing Trusts and Commercial enterprises. It also takes huge pride in the level of service it provides for its clients.
The main purpose of this role is to have a strong understanding of all-round installation in commercial boiler rooms and be willing to assist the business as and when required in a number of locations.
This role is perfect for an Installation Engineer from a commercial Heating background looking to join an expanding company where they can progress their career further. The position is mainly based in London, Essex and across the M25 but the successful candidate may be required to travel nationally as and when required.Duties:
Hours of Work, Salary & Benefits
- To have knowledge and experience in the installation of commercial boiler rooms, this will include installing boilers, pumps and mild steel screwed pipework
- To have experience in fitting copper and stainless-steel press-fit pipe and fittings from 15mm – 108mm
- To carry out heating and hot water installations within occupied commercial buildings / schools, to meet the requirement and expectations of the client / contract to a high standard and in a timely fashion.
- To have experience in installing mild steel screwed pipework and fittings from 20mm – 65mm
- To be able to understand pipework schematic drawings and follow to install as per the drawings when these are available
- To have the knowledge and knowhow to complete medium sized boiler room and heating / hot water installations without the assistance of any pipework drawings
- To be able to hang / install various different styles of radiators and fan convectors including low surface temperature types.
- To have previous experience of working in schools and to be aware of associated risks with working in educational premises
- To be competent of draining down and refilling of heating system/s in order to remove and replace leaking pipework and associated isolation valves
- To ensure that all work carried out complies with the relevant sections of the ‘Health and Safety at Work Act’ (risk assessment, asbestos awareness etc.)
- 45 hours per week, 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday with 1-hour unpaid lunch
- 3-month probationary period
- Paid weekly via bacs
- 21 days holiday increasing by 1 day every 2 years’ service up to a maximum of 25 days, plus statutory days
- Staff Discounts
- Company Van, Mobile Phone and Uniform provided
- Pension scheme – Auto enrolment
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life insurance
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Staff Discounts
- A relevant City and Guilds Level 2 or 3 Qualification
- Full UK Driving licence
- Be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of commercial heating installations and hot and cold-water services
- Have experience working in commercial buildings and educational establishments.
- Have domestic and/ or commercial ACS qualifications, not essential
- Be self-motivated
- Have asbestos awareness
- Have a flexible approach to work, when working in schools and commercial buildings as you may be required to work outside the school / office operation hours for evenings and weekends, this will be paid at overtime rates
- Have knowledge of the risk assessment process
- Take pride in their work
- Be a team player
Please reply with a recent copy of your CV to Info@cbwstaffingsolutions.com or call me on 0203 583 3099 for more Information